Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kaki Itik

Do you know what "kaki itik" is? Of course I'm not referring to its literal meaning. Why would I want to talk about a pair of duck's leg here? Uuuu ohhh...though I did previously wrote about some weird stuffs like "pegang tengkuk"...hahaha...

If you ask me, "kaki itik" was another name for a type of waterlily commonly found in my family's bendang years ago. Mum said there's some value to it, in term of tradisional treatment for an illness. Not so sure about it. Anyway, I like the plant and used to enjoy collecting the soft spongy root that enable it to float. It probably the most friendly unwanted plants. Unwanted because we need to clear the bendang for paddy plantation. And it was always easy to remove a "kaki itik". I don't have to dip my hand deep into the muddy ground to extract the root unlike "telipuk" . Yeah, it's not that easy to "mess" with telipuk, mind you, don't let the serene look fools you...heheh...(one of the reason why the name "Telipuk" for the blog owner...:) )

Ustaz Zawawi who came here to give motivation talk last few weeks, used it to describe a man who practices polygamy. He said (jokingly), "why would you want to get yourself into trouble? It's already difficult to manage one wife. But they would not admit facing the difficulties, huh? They tend to hide the "turbulent" beneath the cool, confident faces...heheh. Just like when you see a duck swimming calmly in a lake. You can't see the frantic movement of its flippers under the water, right?" Heheh!

Then again, it just occurs to me that the term can be used for all situation where you have to 'hide' the emotional turbulent by acting calm...probably close to "hati di dalam menangis siapa yang tahu..." . By that, I can easily claimed that I was in such "kaki itik" situation yesterday. The miscommunications nearly cost me some 80 km travelling distance and toll fees. Not to mention bruised ego. Yet, I managed to be there with smiling face, nodding and talking happily as if nothing happened.

And the "kaki itik" conversation...

"Oh well...it's difficult, but I just have to do it"
"How do you manage, then?"
"Emmm...I just pretend like I don't know about it...act as if I don't care a bit"
"Woahhh! So cool! Just like "kaki itik"
"Yeah, "kaki itik" !

So much of "kaki itik" for the day!

5 comments:

sirapmadu said...

"Kaki itik" has so many meaning. Depends on how you interprate it.

Harris Shah Abd Hamid said...

kaki itik boleh dibuat sup tak?

Telipuk Kuala said...

Sirap,
Yezzaaa...hari ni pun "kaki itik" gak Aku...err...rasa cam kuar bahasa itik jugak kat sini...tak pahammmm!!!

Pak Alang,
Sup kaki ayam pernah la nampak...sup kaki itik errr...rasa cam kembang tekak jaaa...

Anonymous said...

oppssssss...

kaki itik orang tak wat sup tapi wat kasut.hehehe.baru jalan kaki ayam kaki tak kotor...takpun wat alat membantu belajar berenang...floating jer tak cukup...hehehe...opppssssss...

Youth UMNO

Telipuk Kuala said...

Boleh bantu berenang ke pakai kaki itik? Takut kaki jer timbul, kepala ngan badan tertunam ke bawah...