The 12th election campaign is getting 'serious' now. PKR presence is obviously made in Sentul with several small "pondok" being erected near junction and alongside the road. But, still, it is nothing compared to the atmosphere I was in yesterday when we travelled to my in-laws hometown in Paya Lebar, Melaka.
Actually I didn't realize that yesterday was the day for the submission of contestant. So, when we went into Rembau to pick my hubby's grandma, we were greeted with flags and banners...blue, light blue, green....Cars & motors...even some lorries, also carried flags. I thought...whoaaa...all these people really looking forward to the voting day. But then, when I saw peoples in some kind of uniform, and accessories...umbrella, hand-fan etc...then, it reminded me of the event of the day. They are supporters to the contestants...and they were there to accompany their candidate. I didn't bring my camera, so, I couldn't capture the vibrant activities there. I am going to miss that anyway, coz, I am not going to vote this time. It's too much hassle to travel back to my hometown just to cast my one vote which might not change anything. Though my parents are quite dissapointed and of the view that I should honour that very significant right of all Malaysian...my decision is final. I still can remember one of my collegue saying this, " sure win lahhhh....even if they put "tunggul" there as a candiddate, that "tunggul" will sure get the biggest majority". Hemmmm.....
No comments:
Post a Comment