Friday, February 27, 2009

Why Me?

I was busy sorting the ESOS problem this morning when the penny dropped. Yeah...am I so much prone to this series of'unlucky' events or what??? Those were small but troublesome to deal with. I just found out that I could not activate my trading account at CIMB due to incomplete submission. They did not received my Form C and the application form for selling-flexibility. What??? I've submitted mine, carefully observed the deadline...meeting all the requirements way back in March last year. Now that the expiry date for exercising the share option is getting nearer, I can't help feeling 'annoyed'. It is more frustrating as it happened only to me...of all the people who submitted the forms to the same place...I was the chosen one! Lucky me!!!

I had this strange situation too somewhere along the journey...during school, for example, there's incidence where of all the exercise books returned by the teacher, mine would go missing. Or the stuffs to be given away, they're all gone when it was my turn to collect them. I remember the day my class teacher was reading out the names of student and their respective Ujian Penilaian Darjah 5. One by one started to react. And I was holding my heavy breath waiting for mine. None. I had this confused look on my face...whether or not to cry. Was it good? Was it bad? I went to the teacher and asked. Just want to get it done. The teacher quickly went through the list again and smiled. Oh gosh! that was sooo scary.

What is it that I'm getting at??? I think I fear the need to go check myself what went wrong and solve it. Like in the ESOS case, the need to deal with HR is really something I hope to avoid...The series of making many unsuccessful calls, been transfered here and there...and the like...That's my major problem. Yes, I must admit. I dislike being in unfamiliar territory. To me, when something is within my expertise...whatever it is...I'll do it from A to Z, making sure everything is well addressed. But once it goes beyond my radar, heck...the lack of familiarity, unknown factors, managing expectation bla..bla..bla...makes it difficult for me to deal with. I guess that's the problem when you got this 'perfect' solution all the time in your head and may be my tendency to assume to much.

Let it go and just do it, girl!

2 comments:

sirapmadu said...

You are so lucky coz God choose you. Without all this, your life may different.

Telipuk Kuala said...

Thanks for such a positive thought. I think I need to be 'pushed' more...:)