Seeing this, my MIL quickly 'tapau' some for me. Actually, she got one big pot of them on the stove. I must have got my 'muka tembok' on then for I somehow mentioned how nice would it be if I have grated coconut to go with. Oh my, my prayer was quickly answered. Luckily she got some left in the fridge.
I used to eat "ubi kayu rebus" when my Tok was still around. I must be her only grandchild who really like to eat it. We used to eat together on the "pangkin". Homegrown ubi kayu normally taste better...and it's super duper soft...dipped in the grated coconut (mixed with some sugar)...together with a cup of strong black coffee (that time it was "kopi cap fajar menyingsing")...waalllaaahhhh!!!!
So last night I opted for this during dinner.
If I don't have this, I was just thinking that "gula merah" will do...(heard that some like to eat with sambal...)
Emmm...what a meal! This is not kind of strong black coffee I mentioned above. Currently, this is the only one I have in my kitchen. The Sauda Coffee (Habbatussauda) was bought during my balik kampung trip last Syawal. My sister is promoting it together with many other health & beauty stuffs...so, I bought one to try.
Actually, there is something missing to make this a complete meal...or in my case, a complete nostalgia...yes...the rain...imagine eating hot ubi kayu rebus and hot coffee while listening to the harsh raindrops falling over the traditional roof made from nipah...goshhhh! and my eyes got misty again...
5 comments:
for me... "sambal ikan bilis" with "ubi kayu rebus"....WOOO!!!!!
Nantilah wa kasi cuba ho...
cecah dgn misan lebah pun sedap gak
Oh ye ke? Banyak betul alternatif pencicah ni yer...Ada yang cicah dengan keju jugak...macam sedap jer...
wah.. sinkong dan keju jadinya.
Post a Comment