Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sponsored Lunch at Sudu@KL Hilton

Oh man! (Aiman's favourite exclamation). I am so lucky to be part of this division..he..he...There's one yearly event that we all celebrated together and it has been scheduled to take place today. It's the "makan-makan" time again! Yahuuuu!!! Thanks to Mr. Scott W. Minehane of Windsor Place Consulting, Australia - our principal Regulatory's consultant for the sponsored lunch at Sudu Restaurant, KL Hilton.

The whole division attended. Imagine us all walking happily to the LRT station...the GM in front he..he...what a rare sight! We took the LRT to KL Sentral station. From there, we just walked to the hotel. Very convenient. This is the first time we went to Sudu, last year we went to the Iketeru, KL Hilton's Japanese restaurant. Under the similar program (I've also been invited for lunch by our legal advocates - ZulRafique) , I think I still remember some of the places that I went - The Paya Serai, PJ Hilton, the Japanese restaurant at PJ Hilton and the restaurant at Islamic Art Museum. Me and my work...the typical hate and love relationship, no doubt I really enjoy and like this part. :)

My usual lunch team was separated at this function because of the different arrival timing. Half of my team missed the first LRT, hence arrived few minutes late. USJ was at the same table with me, but SirapMadu, Rosebud and Lotuslily sat at another table. Nevertheless, I really enjoy eating with new "comrades" ha..ha...it really feel good to be able to interact with different set of people, they are all friends of course, but because we seldom had the chance to sit together and talk about "all other topic but work", this kind of event provide us platform to get a bit "close & personal".

Although I bring my camera, it was only at the late hour that I realized it was with me. I forgot to snap the pictures of the food and who's who in this gathering (except my table) because our table was a bit far from others. It's a round table with glass all around as if we're sitting in an aquarium (Scott said, "fish bowl").

From left Zhafina, USJ & Me



My almost empty dessert plate. A slice of cheese cake, watermelon and "tepung pelita" waiting to be consume. Just to highlight, for starter, I took a soft bun and a wholemeal bun with French butter. For main course I opted for buffet lunch consisting of nasi arab (love at first bite...nyummyyyy), soft shell crab, tomato smeared scallop, spiced beef and grilled chicken. Somewhere along I also have a bowl (small) of vegetables soup and seafood yong tau foo. My choice of drink...orange juice.



Kak Laila and Kak Ana. Last year they had hard time at Iketeru when they ordered tempura prawn with rice. It was a nice o-bento set actually (together with vegetables & miso soup), but the tempura was served on top of the hot rice in a square container with a close lid. Imagine the taste and smell when the lid was lifted...errkkkk...That time I ordered for terriyaki chicken and udon soup...emmm...I've eaten those before so,it's okay - the only Japanese dishes that I like.



Kak Aini dan Kak Lela. Kak Aini just joined our division last April...but she's been with TM for quite many years.



Zhafina and USJ. I sat next to USJ...remember, the table is round...hence the photo arrangement..(except for the interruption caused by the dessert plate :) )



We all fully agree that the food are all very good and tasty. Although the choice was quite limited and each of them was served in small portion (they were served hot and fresh from kitchen)...everybody had good time 'filling up' and many complained of difficulty to walk back to the LRT station...he..he...he...

No comments: